- We are seeking a highly skilled Head Engineering / CTO with a storied history in the technological sector, the incumbent will report into the Board and be responsible for hiring, mentoring a team of highly skilled, motivated and tenured engineers. The role will have a high focus on technology, people, processes & product development.
- Strong hands on technical background, strategic thinking and business acumen are essential in this role. We expect you to be well-versed in current & upcoming technological trends and familiar with a variety of business concepts in the chosen domain. Ability to understand the trends, translate it into viable product opportunities is essential. Experience in understanding the process of patenting technology is highly desirable.
- Build a world-class agile development team through a combination of training, career development, recruiting, and process improvement
- Define and lead the adoption of best practices and processes.
- Be well versed with the process of patent filing and lead the efforts of continued patent filing (In the US)
- Focus on people, process planning, product development
- Will be building Cloud Security Tech platforms
- Be an engineering voice and constantly advocate for best practices and agility across the teams and the larger engineering group
- Be responsible for the team's technical strategy and roadmap. Constantly remove impediments to your team's progress and help your team to be successful. Be a source of inspiration for finding and attracting talented engineers and keep them engaged and motivated
- Give engineers the tools, confidence, and motivation to make decisions independently that lead to the recognition of your engineers and not just yourself
- Communicate early and often, building a culture of trust and collaboration between engineers and teams across multiple offices and time zones
- Drive the organization's tech build, people & process strategy in line with the broader business vision.
- Extremely hands on tech person with an ability to architect the tech build.
- Lead company-wide prioritization of improvements to code quality, productivity and predictability with strict adherence to time and budgets.
- Represent the organization as tech evangelist at various global forums
- Lead the efforts in continuous production and publications of thought leadership articles, papers in global forums / publications.
- Lead the effort in continuous patent filing and acquisitions of tech platforms furthering organizational goals in tech dominance in it's chosen domains.
- The person in this role must have a proven track record of hiring, developing and growing technical talent. Also, should be an excellent communicator and public speaker.
Required Candidate profile
Preferred Candidate Profile:
- 15+ years of experience with a track record of leading teams into Product Development
- From IT Security Product Development Background with hands on experience in designing and building tech platforms.
- Hands-on person with high-level technical acumen and strategic bent. Ability to visualize the big picture and break it down to achievable goals. Simply put, if you have not dirtied your own hands in the trench, you will not fit in.
- Strong experience with key technologies and tools for building Cloud based services. Proven experience with Scrum and agile development processes and methodologies
- You can clearly articulate desired outcomes and motivate engineers to develop simple solutions to complex problems using best practices
- You have demonstrated experience in adapting and improving engineering best practices across your teams
- You must have a startup - go for it- mentality as the position absolutely requires a dynamic leader, manager and team builder. Process-oriented mindset with an ability to build it from scratch
- Great energy and passion - must be comfortable in a rapidly changing dynamic environment
- A high amount of conviction, confidence, and assertiveness.
- Polite personality with a dynamic, flexible mindset
- Prior experience in product-based organizations from similar industries - Cloud Security Tech platform. You have past experience doing hands-on work in at least one discipline IT Security / Cloud / Web engineering.
The Ideal Candidate :
- Started with a coding background and eventually moved into a people management role while maintaining the coding and architecting edge. Fundamentally strong understanding of various tools and technologies in the cloud security domain.
- Values people, process and product
- Past experience in product-based companies from similar industries
- Your team should respect you for your capability and vision
- Engineer from a top tier tech school.